creamy artichoke dip recipe and free recipe card printable
My contribution to dinner this year is my Creamy Artichoke Dip for an appetizer. I’ve shared it before, but because I love it so much I thought I’d share it again for anyone who missed it! It’s quick, fool proof, and sure to be a hit at your next party or gathering.
What you’ll need:
– 2 packages of softened cream cheese
– 1 cup of mayonnaise
– 2 cans of quartered artichokes (drained and roughly chopped)
– 1 can of diced green chilies
– 1 cup of graded sharp cheddar cheese
– 1/4 cup graded Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 tsp lemon or lime juice
– 1tsp. Worcestershire sauce
– Dash of garlic powder
– 2 sourdough bread rounds
Drain your artichoke hearts and roughly chop them. Combine all ingredients into bowl.
Cut one of your sourdough bread rounds into squares for dipping. With the other, cut a medium sized opening in the top (much like a bread bowl for soup). Remove the lid and set aside. Scoop out remaining bread from round and cut into pieces for dipping. Make sure not to scrape off bread too close to edges or the bowl will become too thin and tear.
Set your bowl on a large piece of tinfoil and fill with creamy artichoke mixture. Top with lid, wrap tinfoil around bread round, (to keep from burning the bread) place on cookie sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes on 400 degrees, until the dip is warmed through.
Then remove lid, sprinkle top of dip with extra Parmesan cheese and bake with tinfoil pulled back, and bread bowl uncovered for another 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is crisp and brown.
Place extra bread pieces alongside the creamy artichoke dip, and enjoy!
A few reasons why we love this recipe:
* It’s quick, and uses mostly things you already have on hand
* It LOOKS fancy, but in reality only takes about 20 minutes to prepare
* If you work it right, you can bring JUST your bread bowl, with hot dip inside (wrapped in foil to keep warm) and extra bread pieces to your next party, borrow a platter from your hostess and not have to worry about any dishes to take home.
* Everyone LOVES it and will want the recipe, because it is THAT delicious 🙂
So that being said, I thought I’d help you out and include a cute printable for all of you to enjoy, for either your own recipe book, or to share with a friend!
I know that with lots of different events coming up, I’m always looking for a quick, ‘sure-to-impress’ treat to take with me wherever I go… and sometimes I get burnt out on sweets. I hope you’ll try this out for YOUR next party… I promise, you’ll be glad you did!