So I’m gearing up for another weight loss update post.
I’ve started in on one at least 10 times, and have failed to actually get down in words, the things I really want to say and share. I know it probably shouldn’t be that difficult, but for me, it is (shrug) so you’ll have to wait just a little bit longer.
There have been a LOT of things that have happened in my weight loss journey/lifestyle change this past year, and surprisingly… FEW have to do with the actual reduction of numbers on the scale. One of the biggest things that I’ve experienced, are OTHERS experiences. (did that make sense? ha!).
I can’t tell you how MANY people I’ve talked to about weight loss, eating healthy, working out, etc… Some conversations are casual and nice, while others hit you hard and rock you to the core. They wake something up inside of you, and send off little sensors that shift your way of thinking forever.
This is all part of “the journey” I assume 🙂
Hi everyone! Ruthie here, from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.
I was thrilled when Shelley asked me to share a delicious and healthy recipe with all of you. I’ve always loved food but it hasn’t always loved me back, so I made some changes in my cooking techniques to “skinny down” recipes while keeping all the flavor, and that is where my passion comes from when writing posts and sharing recipes on my blog. About 14 years ago I weighed 235 pounds and have come a long way since then – as Shelley mentioned before, I’ve written about my weight loss journey here. Through my cookbook and blog, I hope to help others find techniques that will work well for them, and encourage them to succeed in their healthy living journey to more balanced eating.
Today I’m going to be sharing with you my recipe for, Apple Craisin Walnut Cookies. You will LOVE them! They’re are a deliciously yummy cookie that’s healthy too.
Apple Craisin Walnut Cookies
- Dry ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 C large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp cinnamon (depending on how much like)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/2 C honey (spray the measuring cup with cooking spray first)
- 1/4 C applesauce
- 1/4 C canola oil
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Yummy ingredients:
- 1/2 C gala apple, diced
- 1/2 C Craisins
- 1/2 C dark chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 C walnuts (optional)
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
- In medium bowl, mix wet ingredients.
- Mix the wet into the dry ingredients, stir just until moistened.
- Add apple, craisins, chocolate chips, and walnuts, stir.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 335 degrees (lower temp due to honey which will burn more easily).
- Drop by Tbsp onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press down with fork to ensure even cooking.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom.
- Refrigerate dough between batches.
- Cookies freeze well.
They freeze really well, for up to 2 months… I actually have some in the freezer right now. They’re perfect for when I need to satisfy my sweet tooth – in a healthier way! Here are some other delicious Autumn inspired recipes you may also want to try:
Thank you so much for letting me come and visit today. I hope you have a really nice week and a chance to try out lots of deliciously skinny, fun baking this fall.