Oh my goodness, this summer is flying by! We’ve been working like busy bee’s to get projects done and our house more organized. Let’s just say that we might have an ENTIRE room FILLED with garage sale items. Now I just need to actually HAVE the garage sale… gah!
Anyway, I wanted to share with everyone some Summer decorating that we’ve done in this little area of our kitchen. I’ve been obsessed with pops of fun color lately and wanted to incorporate that into the decor for this space as well, so here’s what I came up with.
Here’s a little more info about this summery decor:
* The colorful rug in front of the sink is from Lowe’s home improvement store. I snagged it up a few weeks back for about $17.00.
* The aqua mason jar and plate were found at a consignment store for $6.00 and $5.00. I added the “Be Awesome Today” decal with yellow vinyl.
* The greenery and small yellow bird were bought at Tai Pan Trading for about $2.00 a sprig.
* I found the decorative balls at random places. Mostly from Tai Pan, Michaels Craft and Z-Gallery. The white scalloped serving dish they are all in came from Tai Pan too.
* The fleur de lis piece is from the Memorial Day garage sale.
* The lighting fixture is the Ottava light from IKEA.
I’m loving the vibrancy that all these colors bring to this small space and it has definitely come a long way from where it used to be.